The full course is now open in Early Access. For a reduced fee you'll be able to start the course right away and unlock new Modules as they are released.
Early access pricing:
$297(all the content + 3x 1h consulting call)* 1 spot available for October 2019
$97(just the content)*.
$1 117/month(all the content + ongoing consultation for all the subscription period)*
*See bottom of the page for details. VAT applies when applicable.Here's the schedule of current and future releases:
Module 0 - Intro - available now
Module 1 - Research - available now
Module 2 - Campaign Setup - available now
Module 3 - What to do Prior to Launch - available now
Module 4 - What to do During the Campaign - available now
Study Guides - available now
Summaries - available October / November 2019
Module 5 - Delivery and Post-Campaign Support - available November 2019
With each new Section unlocking, the price of Early Access will go up, so enroll now for the best deal!
Please notice that these release dates are indicative and subject to change (this also means that we might unlock the Sections earlier!)
I'll be in touch by email to communicate changes in the schedule.
"This is eye-opening, I'm glad you covered these topics."
- Jacob Wood, Enrolled student
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The course is divided into five major modules. Each module discusses a variety of key topics, for a total of over 40 lessons created specifically for the kind of product you are trying to fund. There's nothing vague here: I dive into details so you can do everything right at your first try, avoid expensive mistakes, and create a fantastic community around your game. Here's what each module covers:
Module 1 - Research: We look at the data from the last few years, set expectations, discuss why crowdfunding games on Kickstarter and Indiegogo has an edge on preorders, learn how to study other campaigns, how to research numbers, and how to estimate shipping, taxes and payment fees. We also learn how to use the Pledge Planner, a super-useful tool that makes most of the calculations on your behalf.
Module 2 - Campaign Setup: We take a more in-depth look at each gaming market (tabletop RPGs, boardgames, video games), explain the differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, discuss how to pick a launch date, and go over all the key elements of a campaign (body, video, tiers, stretch goals, and add ons).
Module 3 - What to do Prior to Launch: We explain how to build a community, look at all the accounts you need to run a successful campaign, at how to get useful feedback and improve the campaign, and at how media outreach and coverage works. You'll also get a complete checklist of what to do three, two and one week before the crowdfunding campaign starts.
Module 4 - What to do During the Campaign: We plan your Day 1, list all the things you need to keep your eye on, discuss how the body of the campaign will change over time and how you should handle updates.
Module 5 - Delivery and Post-Campaign Support: We explore Backerkit and explain how to get the best out of it, how to collect extra funding when the campaign is over, how the first backers can help you improve the product, and how to handle shipping and deliveries.
- 40+ video lessons focused on games on Kickstarter and Indiegogo (thinking about crowdfunding a non-game product? These lessons will cover 90% of what you need to know).
- A variety of custom-made tools that will make your life a LOT easier, including:
- The Pledge Planner, to help you calculate tier pricing, manufacturing expenses, shipping, margins, and fees, so you know precisely if your campaign is profitable.
- The Stretch Goals Planner, to put your Stretch Goals in the right order, evaluate unlocking conditions, and keep track of their status.
- A ToDo checklist covering the three weeks before the campaign launch.
- A Day 1 ToDo checklist to keep track of everything while the magic happens.
- A Last Week ToDo checklist to make sure your campaign ends with a bang.
- Summaries & Study Guides (available November 2019)
- Custom consulting sessions (Premium & Ongoing Consultation tiers only): I'll go over your Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign and then we'll discuss 1:1 how to improve your page and how to hone your pre-campaign, your 30-days strategy and the post-campaign.
- You're determined to learn and implement what I'm going to explain here: there's no magic button to make a campaign successful, but this course will remove every obstacle on your path to victory
Hi, I'm Tommaso. I worked on several crowdfunding campaigns, raising over $170K in combined funds for gaming-related projects, and over €1.71M on equity crowdfunding projects. Since many years I've been running the marketing, community, and production side of both tabletop games and video games. Now, I want to share everything I learned with you!
Check my LinkedIn profile HERE.
"...not only does he understand a lot about marketing, he knows games!"
- Samuli Syvähuoko, Game industry serial entrepreneur & investor
StartLearning Objectives & Tasks - Module 1
PreviewUnderstanding the Market I (9:38)
StartUnderstanding the Market II (8:07)
StartCrowdfunding is an Event (7:37)
StartLearn What Other Campaigns are Doing and Why (6:06)
StartHow to Research Campaign Numbers (6:01)
StartHow to Estimate Shipping Expenses (14:05)
StartHow to Estimate Crowdfunding Fees (4:52)
StartHow to Estimate Credit Card Fees, Failed Payments, and Taxes (7:47)
StartBonus - The Pledge Planner I (15:56)
StartBonus - The Pledge Planner II (7:41)
StartLearning Objectives & Tasks - Module 2
PreviewCrodfunding video games, what you need to know (13:20)
StartCrowdfunding board games, what you need to know (17:27)
StartCrowdfunding tabletop RPGs, what you need to know (18:08)
StartPick your platform: Kickstarter or Indiegogo? (14:37)
StartHow to pick the right launch date (10:45)
StartThe ranking algorithm (10:49)
StartThe campaign video - Part I (9:58)
StartThe campaign video - Part II (12:08)
StartThe backend - Kickstarter (11:13)
StartThe backend - Indiegogo (10:43)
StartThe Campaign Body (23:56)
StartHow to plan your Tiers I (12:16)
StartHow to plan your Tiers II (12:02)
StartStretch Goals (9:44)
StartBonus - The Stretch Goals Planner (2:05)
"I collaborated with Tommaso on many different projects and he always over-delivered."
- Ferruccio Cinquemani, Enemy Designer at Arrowhead