"This is eye-opening, I'm glad you covered these topics."
- Jacob Wood, Enrolled student
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The course is divided into five major modules. Each module discusses a variety of key topics, for a total of 40+ lessons created specifically for the kind of product you are trying to fund. There's nothing vague here: I dive into details so you can do everything right at your first try, avoid expensive mistakes, and create a fantastic community around your game. Here's what each module covers:
Module 1 - Research: I look at the data from the last few years, set expectations, discuss why crowdfunding games on Kickstarter and Indiegogo has an edge on preorders, learn how to study other campaigns, how to research numbers, and how to estimate shipping, taxes and payment fees. I also explain how to use the Pledge Planner, a super-useful tool that makes most of the calculations on your behalf.
Module 2 - Campaign Setup: I take a more in-depth look at each gaming market (tabletop RPGs, board games, video games), explain the differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, discuss how to pick a launch date, and go over all the key elements of a campaign (body, video, tiers, stretch goals, and add ons).
Module 3 - What to do Prior to Launch: I explain how to build a community, look at all the accounts you need to run a successful campaign, how to get useful feedback and improve the campaign, and how media outreach and coverage work. You'll also get a complete checklist of what to do three, two and one weeks before the crowdfunding campaign starts.
Module 4 - What to do During the Campaign: I help you plan your Day 1, list all the things you need to keep your eye on, discuss how the body of the campaign will change over time and how you should handle updates.
Module 5 - Delivery and Post-Campaign Support: I introduce you to Backerkit and explain how to get the best out of it, how to collect extra funding when the campaign is over, how the first backers can help you improve the product, and how to handle shipping and deliveries with or without the help of fulfillment services.
- 40+ video lessons focused on games on Kickstarter and Indiegogo (thinking about crowdfunding a non-game product? These lessons will cover 90% of what you need to know).
- A variety of custom-made tools that will make your life a LOT easier, including:
- The Pledge Planner, to help you calculate tier pricing, manufacturing expenses, shipping, margins, and fees, so you know precisely if your campaign is profitable.
- The Stretch Goals Planner, to put your Stretch Goals in the right order, evaluate unlocking conditions, and keep track of their status.
- A ToDo checklist covering the three weeks before the campaign launch.
- A Day 1 ToDo checklist to keep track of everything while the magic happens.
- A Last Week ToDo checklist to make sure your campaign ends with a bang.
- Summaries & Study Guides
- Bonus lessons and updates, released at regular intervals (2020)
A PERSONALIZED 3-SESSIONS ROADMAP
With each Premium Tier, you'll also get complimentary, personalized roadmap calls with me, in three separate sessions.
During each session (60 minutes each), we'll go over the plans for your crowdfunding campaign, review the clarity of your offer, discuss pain points, and how to overcome potential obstacles.
We'll structure these calls according to your convenience and focus on what matters most to you. That said, a typical structure could be something like this:
1st call - WE HAVE A PLAN: We discuss your product and what's your overall plan for the campaign page. On top of that, we double-check if your acquisition funnels are sound, and how your marketing calendar looks like.
2nd call - WE'RE NOT LEAVING ANYTHING TO CHANCE: We'll check progress and any new issue that arose in the time in between 1st and 2nd call. We look at solutions together and write down an action plan on how to tackle those last loose ends left. Your calendar gets an update: how can we spend the time left before Day 1 of the campaign in the most productive way?
3rd call - THE FINAL CHECK: Once again, we go over the whole plan, making sure all pieces have fallen into place. We make sure our pre-campaign ToDo list is in order, and plan together what happens on Day 1 of the campaign, hour by hour.
YOU NEED A ROADMAP IF:
- You want to make sure your offer is clear to the final backer
- You'd like guidance in creating a personalized structure for your campaign
- You don't want to forget anything important before the campaign starts
- There are obstacles on the way you don't know how to tackle efficiently
- There are gaps in what you need to know to pull this off, and what you actually know
YOU DON'T NEED A ROADMAP IF:
- You have all this stuff figured out already :)
- You're determined to learn and implement what I'm going to explain here: there's no magic button to make a campaign successful, but this course will remove every obstacle on your path to victory
Hi, I'm Tommaso. I worked on several crowdfunding campaigns, raising over $170K in combined funds for gaming-related projects, and over €1.71M on equity crowdfunding projects. Since many years I've been running the marketing, community, and production side of both tabletop games and video games. Now, I want to share everything I learned with you!
Check my LinkedIn profile HERE.
"...not only does he understand a lot about marketing, he knows games!"
- Samuli Syvähuoko, Game industry serial entrepreneur & investor
PreviewLearning Objectives & Tasks - Module 1
PreviewUnderstanding the Market I (9:38)
StartUnderstanding the Market II (8:07)
StartCrowdfunding is an Event (7:37)
StartLearn What Other Campaigns are Doing and Why (6:06)
StartHow to Research Campaign Numbers (6:01)
StartHow to Estimate Shipping Expenses (14:05)
Start[UPDATED Nov 2019] How to Estimate Crowdfunding Fees (2:30)
Start[UPDATED Nov 2019] How to Estimate Credit Card Fees, Failed Payments, and Taxes (6:19)
StartBonus - The Pledge Planner I (15:56)
StartBonus - The Pledge Planner II (7:41)
StartLearning Objectives & Tasks - Module 2
PreviewCrodfunding video games, what you need to know (13:20)
StartCrowdfunding board games, what you need to know (17:27)
StartCrowdfunding tabletop RPGs, what you need to know (18:08)
StartPick your platform: Kickstarter or Indiegogo? (14:37)
Start[UPDATED Nov 2019] How to pick the right launch date (6:19)
StartThe ranking algorithm (10:49)
StartThe campaign video - Part I (9:58)
StartThe campaign video - Part II (12:08)
StartThe backend - Kickstarter (11:13)
StartThe backend - Indiegogo (10:43)
StartThe Campaign Body (23:56)
StartHow to plan your Tiers I (12:16)
StartHow to plan your Tiers II (12:02)
StartStretch Goals (9:44)
StartBonus - The Stretch Goals Planner (2:05)
"I collaborated with Tommaso on many different projects and he always over-delivered."
- Ferruccio Cinquemani, Enemy Designer at Arrowhead